(#R000073574) CNN Newsgathering Internships: ATL- Spring 2024
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
CNN Newsgathering Internships: ATL- Spring 2024
Application Deadline: Monday, October 23rd
Your New Role
We have multiple CNN Newsgathering Internships internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the ATL area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- CNN National Content Center Intern
- SE Bureau Intern
Your Role Accountabilities
Duties could include:
- Work in conjunction with editors and social discovery producers
- Making calls to verify information, vet social media posts that help with newsgathering, and help write alerts that would be distributed not only within CNN, but also, to the many affiliates across the country that subscribe to the service.work in conjunction with editors and social discovery producers
- Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research and surfacing editorial information.
- Develop regional contacts while making calls on breaking news and other stories throughout the region.
- Support field teams with in-house production including pre-interviews and logging.
- Curate social media and regional story reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience with reporting and writing news stories will help you have a successful internship with our team as we build on what you know to help you grow.
- Feeling comfortable blindly calling people and being resourceful will also help you succeed along with self-motivation and a willingness to jump in and do whatever is needed in a fast-moving news environment.
- Strong code of ethics, Detail oriented, Positive attitude, Social media savvy with a strong desire to work in an editorial newsgathering role
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (3.0 or above GPA)
- Warner Bros. Discovery will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Warner Bros. Discovery now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Nice To Haves
- Prior television experience
- Portfolio of journalism work
- Inquisitive nature
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
The duration of the program is 11 weeks
Start Date: January 29th
End Date: April 19th
Interns will be expected to work 16-24 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
Interviewing will take place from October through mid-December. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.