(#R000073575) CNN Research & Analytics Internships: ATL- Spring 2024
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
CNN Research & Analytics Internships: ATL- Spring 2024
Application Deadline: Monday, October 23rd
Your New Role
We have multiple CNN Research & Analytics internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the ATL area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- CNN TV Research Intern
- Digital Research & Analytics Intern
- CNN UX Research Spring Intern
Your Role Accountabilities
Duties could include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the tv landscape and media research, and how they intersect.
- Monitor and run program schedules for Nielson program submission.
- Aid Research Analyst in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN brand as well as competitive networks.
- Learn how to extract and analyze industry data using Nielson research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.).
- Assist team with ongoing projects, data visualizations, and client presentations (in Excel, PowerPoint).
- We are looking for an Intern to join the CNN Digital Research & Analytics team who will be responsible for tracking and analyzing key performance and engagement metrics across CNN Digital platforms and products, and in the broader news and information landscape.
Additional Responsibilities - UX Research:
- Develop standardized qualitative and/or quantitative user research best practice documentation (e.g., templates, scripts, consent forms) to save time and enable consistent application across the team.
- Partner with UX managers, product leads and other stakeholders on planning projects including participant recruitment and scheduling across studies.
- Explore insights about CNN Community members through a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, data analysis, usability studies, diary studies, and ethnographic observation, or a new method.
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates should be passionate about data & analytics, news, emerging technology and media trends, and should have the curiosity to explore data, driven to understand the ''why'', and a passion to draw connections
- Attention to detail and data accuracy
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Project and time management skills - ability to be organized and proactive
- Knowledge in/experience with PivotTables and essential Excel analysis formulas (including IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF)
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Passionate about research methodologies and processes in general.
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (3.0 or above GPA)
- Warner Bros. Discovery will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Warner Bros. Discovery now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Nice To Haves
- Interest in or experience with Python, SQL, R
- Background in Human Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology or Social Sciences preferred
- 2 or more years of college study in UX research, media research or user experience design. Prior internship work as a UX researcher or research analyst preferred
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
The duration of the program is 11 weeks
Start Date: January 29th
End Date: April 19th
Interns will be expected to work 16-24 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
Interviewing will take place from October through mid-December. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.